Rohtang pass is the most stupefying and captivating of nature’s work. These mountains standing tall not only amaze me but inspires as well. Though it is famous for its snow covered valleys but I went there in September to see how it is without snow…..i am just curious.
Nature has different beauty in different seasons and now I believe more.
Rohtang pass is open from May- November.
Height: 13050 ft
Distance: 52 kms from Manali
Rohtang pass Permit:
The Himachal government issues permit to limit the number of vehicles to prevent pollution in this area.
Most Important: No Permits are issued on TUESDAY , as the day is marked for the maintenance of Rohtang pass.
The official website to obtain the permit is : rohtangpermit.nic.in
Here you can find all the information about:
- Permit for tourism purpose.
- Permit for private vehicles.
- Congestion fees/passes to visit places beyond Rohtang pass for tourism purpose.
- Check availability of Permits.
- Manali entry ( green tax)
- Check permit status/reprint
- The local cab drivers will try to charge extra money for permits , so do check the website yourself for the permit fee.
- Try to reach early morning around 8 am , if you don’t like crowd.
- Carry woolens …you will be thankful.
Follow on instagram @laxmi.oraon
Keep environment clean…bye